Import a second hand car to Mauritius
Import electric cars to Mauritius duty free
It has been announced that ALL electric and hybrid cars to be imported to Mauritius duty free. This will be effective for cars entering Mauritius from 1st July 2022 onwards. Get in touch and find out how much you could save by importing an electric or hybrid car.
Second hand sourcing service
With over 10 years importing experience as are experts in exporting cars to Mauritius. We search the UK to find your perfect car and help you save 20% off the price by finding Tax free cars to export.
All cars are of exceptional quality only and are prepared to showroom standard.
Car import permit assistance
Our local clearing agents will help you to confirm the import tax for your car and assist with your import permit application and registration if you would like them to.
Outstanding car import service
Our outstanding import service provides everything you need to import your car to Port Louis docks.
* Bespoke sourcing of your vehicle, purchase, inspection and collection.
* Storage of your vehicle in our safe compound until it is ready to be transported to the port.
* Paintwork re-conditioning. (if required)
* Mileage checks & reports.
* Bureau Veritas pre-export inspection.
* Transport to the departure port (on a trailer if the car is new).
* Fully comprehensive insurance throughout the UK.
* Roll-on roll-off and container shipping
* High level of marine insurance throughout shipping.
* Safe payments accepted in USD, GBPs.
* DHL of original documents and loose items.
Import a second hand car to Mauritius
Trusted by over 4,000 customer worldwide
I used MHH to purchase and ship a Motorhome to New Zealand. They did the purchasing and shipment from Southampton to Auckland. Every…
Excellent service from the MHH International Ltd team. Very professional, knowledgeable, and they will go the extra mile to get the j…
Great service from MHH International. Chris Nelson made the whole import process seamless, kept me updated on every step and everythi…
As an expat living overseas, I was nervous about working with a company I did not know to help me purchase a vehicle I had never seen…
From the first contact until delivery of my TT Quattro Convertible to Malta, the service was exceptional!
I ordered a Jaguar from MHH international to Harare, Zimbabwe and Chris Nelson was was helpful and patient with me. At first I was n…
Excellent service received from Chris Nelson when sourcing a specific car for us. Efficient service, with really good levels of commu…
Highly recommend MHH International and Chris Nelson in particular. He was my port of call in my search for a GLE 250 and he came thro…
Car import timings UK to Mauritius
It takes around 40-43 days to export a UK car to Mauritius. This breaks down into the following steps:
Day 1: Collection
Days 2 - 8: Shipping booked, Bureau Veritas inspection completed, tuning and modifications carried out and delivered to the port.
Days 9 - 12: Packed and loaded onto the ship.
Days 13 - 43: Shipped to Port Louis
Get in touch about importing your next car.
Clearing and registration in Mauritius.
When your car arrives, your clearing agent will need all of the following to clear and register your car in Mauritius.
Car import requirements for Mauritius
To import a second-hand car, you need an import permit and Bureau Veritas Certification. The car must be between 18 and 48 months old when shipped.
Documents needed to clear a second-hand car are:
* Bill of lading / Airway Bill
* Bureau Veritas pre-shipment Inspection Certificate (PSI)
* V5 Log book
DHL of your key documents
We keep you updated throughout its journey and all your documents are DHL’d to you to ensure safe transfer ahead of your car’s arrival.
* HPI Certificate
* V5 Log Book
* Spare Key (where applicable)
* Service History
* Manufacturer's Bookpack
* Bill of Lading
Cost checklist to get your car on the road
The costs you can expect to pay to import and put your car on the road are:
* Purchase of car (includes car price, shipping to Port Louis and Marine Insurance)
* Import Permit
* Customs Duty
* Sales Tax at the current rate.
* Registration Fees
* Road tax, known locally as “declaration”.