Specialists in sourcing and exporting new and used prestige cars worldwide including Jamaica. We find your ideal car, purchase it, complete the inspections and export it to Jamaica.
Importing cars to Jamaica
Import electric cars to Jamaica for just 10% import duty
It has been announced that all electric cars imported to Jamaica for just 10% import duty. This is a reduction of 20% on import duty which was 30% for petrol and diesel engines. The new will be effective for the first 1,000 cars entering Jamaica each year. Get in touch and find out how much you could save by importing an electric car.
Car sourcing experts
Access our unparalleled car networks to find your perfect car. Simply tell us what you would like and we will find you the best options at the best discounts available.
For news cars, we source either new car stock or place a factory order, so you buy your perfect car just the way you like it.
Exporting cars isn't all we do, we also export pick ups, vans, motorhomes and lorries and light commercial vehicles. Just talk to the team and they will be delighted to help.
Did you know, you can save up to 20% off the advertised price in the UK when you export a VAT qualifying car ?
We strive to find VAT qualifying cars for our clients, so we save you 20% for you when you export it to Jamaica. Reclaiming the VAT is included in our car export service. The good news is, you won’t need to pay the VAT. We pay it for you so you can enjoy the saving in your export price.
If you have found the car you want with a non-export car dealer, that’s no problem. We are happy to step in and manage the purchase and export for you. This way, you will still get the 20% saving. We frequently buy from UK car dealers, ex-fleet companies, direct from manufacturer, motor traders, and car auctions.
Shipping to Jamaica from UK
Our team manage the export for each car. We arrange the collection in the UK, book the shipping to Jamaica and personally deliver your car to the port.
When your car is exported, we courier all key documents including the Bill of Lading, V5, Service History to you or your agent along with the loose items eg spare keys, headphones and remote controls etc.
Experts in car export to Jamaica
We source cars from Japan, the UK, South Africa and Australia. We are experts in knowing which cars are the best value to import for each country.
Established in 2009, we have exported over 4,000 cars to 24 countries and we're still growing.
We only accept the highest quality vehicles for our clients.
Our collections team inspect each vehicle and all background checks inc HPI, MOT and service history must be completed before buying.
Export your car to Jamaica
Trusted By Over 4,000 Customers Worldwide
MHH it’s a very professional exporting UK Company. Very responsive reliable and trusted organisation. Well done MHH Team
For anyone considering a car/bike purchase for export, I personally recommend MHH. I dealt with Chris Nelson and found him to be real…
Hi, this is my second time to MHH and the service was very very good! I’m definitely going to continue working with them, well done!!…
Trustworthy and highly recommended !! Thank you Chris for all your help and patience answering my questions !! Mainly thank you for f…
Great sources and data base on what we were looking for, fabulous links and information on each car. Very happy with UK side of the d…
I ordered a Polestar 2 in 2022, however they would not deliver the car to Jersey. Being really keen on the car I used Google to try a…
An absolute breath of fresh air! Alistair and his team made light work of purchasing my camper van. I sourced the van, Alistair dealt…
Received outstanding service while importing a vehicle from the UK to Ireland from Chris. I sourced the vehicle and with MHH Internat…
Received outstanding service while importing a vehicle from the UK to Kenya. MHH sourced the perfect vehicle within my budget and the…
Exceptionally high quality cars
Before buying, all cars have an HPI inspection, need a valid UK MOT and come with full service history to ensure you import a top quality vehicle.
VAT Free Sales
We can make you huge savings by importing VAT qualifying cars from the UK. We know how to find them even if not advertised as VAT qualifying. We process the purchase, manage the VAT reclaim and pass on the saving 20% to you. We won’t need to cover the VAT. We do that for you, so you only pay the VAT free price.
Trusted Car Exporter
Managed by our team
Our in house team are responsible for buying, collecting, inspecting and exporting your car to Jamaica to give you the peace of mind that your car is given the best care.
Accessories and Modifications
Tailor your car to perfection. Situated at the Top Gear Track, we are surrounded by automotive professionals who are ready to upgrade your alloys, fit new leather, upgrade your sound system or tune the engine.
Our accessories and modifications page shares the services available.
Fast Efficient Delivery
Our team collect your car from its location in the UK. We arrange your booking and deliver it the port. You could be driving it home in just a few days.
How long does it take to import car from the UK to Jamaica?
Once your car has been collected and inspected in the UK, it is delivered to the UK port for shipping.
Shipping times from the UK to Kingston via RoRo depends on the UK port your car leaves from. The journey varies between 20 days to 35 days.
Shipping times to Kingston using a container service is 17 days.
Courier Of Your Documents
What you will receive in the post:
V5 Log book
MOT certificate (UK roadworthiness certificate)
Full service history
Manufacturers Book Pack
Locking Wheel Nut (where applicable)
High value loose items such as the spare key, headphones, remote control.
Car import regulations for cars to Jamaica
An individual may import a combination of 2 motor vehicles every three (3) years, excepting 2 motor cars.
Businesses importing motor vehicles fall into two categories:
1) Non motor vehicle dealer companies may import up to three (3) motor vehicles every three (3) years
2) Certified motor vehicle dealers are allowed to import any category and quantity for resale
Cars must not be older than six (6) years
Returning residents may import a car or vehicle up to ten (10) years old.
Light commercial vehicles must no be older than 10 years. This includes pickup trucks, panel vans, window vans and minibuses.
Motor cycles must not be older than five (5) years.
Your car must pass the roadworthiness inspection at Autoterminal Japan Limited (ATJ) prior to export from the UK.
Import License Application
Apply for an import license at J Swift the Jamaica Single Window for Trade.
Please contact the Trade Board at 967-0507 or 967-0674 for further information on age limits and import licence for motor vehicle.
What paperwork is required to import a car to Jamaica
* Title The document issued by the Government of the country where the vehicle was purchased, to the owner of the vehicle. In the UK this is the V5 logbook.
* Two identification proof such as Passport, Driver's license, Nation Identification.
* Bill of Lading:- It should contain necessary information about the vehicle, date of landing and the port of entry.
* Invoice:- Your invoice from the supplier is necessary for all vehicles importation.
* Bill of Sight:- It contains details regarding the imported motor vehicle. It is prepared and signed by the broker and certified by Customs.
* Tax Compliance:- It will be issued by Tax Administration Certificate Services Department.
* Odometer inspection statement.
* Import Entry (C87):- This is the primary document which details all the specifics of the motor vehicle, the name of the importer, the shipping information and the duties are recorded. It is competed by the licensed broker and submitted to customs.
* Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN):- A nine digit unique identification number obtained from Revenue Board.
* Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC):- Obtained from the Tax Administration Certificate (TCC) Services Department.
* Simplified Administrative Document (eSad):- This is the electronic document on which all the particulars of the motor vehicle/cycle, the name of the importer, shipping information and the Customs duties are recorded. It is completed by the Customs Broker and submitted to Customs. Only a licensed Customs Broker should complete this form.