Choose your dream car and spread the cost with NIC Bank asset finance
Buy your car from Japan or the UK and get up to 80% finance with our NIC Bank partnership. Our partnership allows you to spread the costs over 48 months without additional security.
Why The Smart Money Imports with Asset Finance
- Buy your dream car today with just a 20% deposit and no additional security.
- Lets your money work harder and keeps your financial options flexible.
- Ultimate Convenience: Our expert team takes care of every detail so you don’t have to.
- Exceptional quality cars only.
- 3 month warranty to give you peace of mind.
- Buy with confidence. Our one clear price policy includes all costs to Nairobi.
- Personal service: Receive your car personally from our team in Nairobi
Manageable Repayments Make Life Easy
You could repay your loan for as little as 53,655 kes per month.
|Car Price||20% Deposit||Amount to Finance||24 months||36 months||48 months|
One Clear Import Price
Our price includes all importation costs so you have no surprises. Our first class import service takes care of everything to import your car safely to Nairobi. So you can relax and look forward to the open road.
- Cost of your vehicle & shipping to Mombasa.
- Import duties and levies.
- Port charges.
- Preparation to showroom standards.
- Import Declaration Form application and processing (IDF)
- Transportation of your vehicle to Nairobi.
- Joint registration fee.
- Personal handover from our MHH International agent in Nairobi.
- Pre-export preparation & QISJ.
- Registration of your vehicle in Kenya.
- Clearing agent fees.
- Fully comprehensive insurance cover to Nairobi (no excess).
- Valuation by NIC’s approved panel.
- Secure gated storage for your vehicle.
- Joint registration fee.
- Free 3 month warranty from MHH.
Frequently Answered Questions
What Documentation will I need to provide when I apply for my loan?
The documentation required from you by NIC is as follows:
- Fully completed Asset Finance application form. (Available from all NIC branches)
- Proforma Invoice
- Original bank statements for current 6 months period
- ID & PIN Copies
- All directors PIN and ID copies (for Limited companies)
- Company PIN card copy (for Limited companies)
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration (for Limited companies)
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (for Limited companies)
- Pay Slips (for the employed)
- Logbook Copy/ Import Paper Copies.
How long does it take to import a car from the UK?
A typical purchase takes 8 weeks from the day that the deposit is received to you collecting it. Approximately half of this time is the shipping time for the boat to reach Mombasa. And the remainder allows for your car to be fully inspected and prepared prior to shipment and then cleared through customs on arrival and transported and prepared for your collection.
Can I buy a car from another supplier in the UK & Japan and still get my finance from NIC Bank?
MHH International is happy for you to locate your car from another UK supplier. MHH International will then inspect and purchase the vehicle on your behalf, ensuring that your car is of the highest quality, prior to shipping it to Kenya.
What age of vehicle can I finance?
Under Kenyan regulations, used cars must be no more than 8 years old.
How do I know that I can trust MHH International?
MHH International has been importing vehicles to Kenya for over 8 years. NIC Bank has selected MHH International as their only UK & Japan car import partner because of the strict quality control and their highly professional service.
Who do I contact to get my car purchase started?
Simply contact MHH International via the enquiry form on the MHH International website. One of the sales team will be in touch very quickly to discuss your needs. NIC bank will require their usual paperwork to approve your asset finance application once you’ve shortlisted a car with MHH International.
What if I don’t have an account with NIC Bank?
NIC Bank extend the offer of asset finance on UK & Japanese imports to both account holders and non-account holders.
When do I start to repay my loan?
Approximately 1 month after receiving your vehicle.
How much deposit do I have to pay?
Percentages will vary from time to time but generally, NIC Bank bases its loan offers on a 20% deposit for used personal vehicles.
When does the deposit get paid?
The deposit is required to secure your vehicle from being sold to another customer within the UK. Typically MHH International will require the deposit once a suitable vehicle has been chosen and the loan offer letter has been issued by NIC Bank.
Who do I pay the deposit to?
Deposits are payable to MHH International.
Do MHH International have an office in Kenya?
Yes we do. Please come and meet our team in Westlands, Nairobi. We would be delighted to meet you and help you to import your next car. Our address is: 4th Floor, The Pavilion, Lower Kabete Road, Nairobi.
How can I be confident that the mileage on my car has not been tampered with?
All MHH International cars must meet 6 independent inspections before we buy it on a client's behalf. All mileage is independently certified to prove it is genuine.
How can I be sure that my car represents value for money?
MHH International can provide a shadow valuation before buying the car and will also provide a valuation as part of the package once the vehicle has arrived in Mombasa for insurance purposes. NIC Bank requires that the valuation is completed by one if their approved valuers within the bank’s panel.
Is there any other documentation not already mentioned required to import my car?
Yes, MHH International will arrange for all of the necessary documents including the IDF (Import Declaration Form), vehicle invoice and copy of duty payment receipt to be forwarded to NIC Bank. In addition, MHH International will also carry out a KRA search as soon as your car has been registered and forward this to NIC Bank for their records.
Do I have a warranty on my car?
MHH International gives 3 months warranty on all UK cars purchased using asset finance. Japanese cars are also given an automatic 3 month warranty when purchased with asset finance on condition they have been allowed to have an oil service. Terms and Conditions available on request.
What happens if my car is written off after I have received it?
The vehicle should be comprehensively insured by an underwriter within the bank’s panel before the release letter is issued.
Can I restructure my loan once it has started?
Yes, you can, but there should be a justification for it and consultation with the bank.
Can I make overpayments?
Yes, you can and there is no penalty for early pay-offs.
Can I select my own car insurance provider?
Yes, but it has to be within the bank’s panel.
Am I required to have a tracker on the vehicle?
Yes. The bank requires you to have a tracker installed. This is arranged automatically as part of the service and is invoiced to you separately to the car. Prices start at Kes 55,000 which will cover your for a full 4 year period.