Our market leading import service gives you the confidence that your car will be handled with the greatest care. We have a wealth of experience importing vehicles from the UK and Japan so you can be confident your purchase will be managed professionally. You can monitor your car’s progress every step of the way and view all important documents via our private tracking portal. The hardest part is choosing which car to buy. The firm favourites that our clients import are Audi, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lexus, Honda, Volkswagen and Porsche. Let our experienced sales team help you find your ideal car and import it stress free for you.
All inclusive Shipping Service to Walvis Bay, Durban or Dar-Es-Salaam (CIF)
We offer a shipped and insured service to Walvis Bay, Durban and Dar-Es-Salaam. Our price is inclusive of all shipping and insurance costs to the docks so you receive no surprises along the way.
This service provides everything you need for your car to reach your preferred port.
- Bespoke sourcing of your vehicle, purchase, inspection and collection.
- Storage of your vehicle until it is ready to be transported to the port.
- Paintwork re-conditioning (if required).
- Mileage checks & reports.
- Company pre-export inspections.
- Transport to the departure port (on a trailer if the car is new).
- Fully comprehensive insurance throughout its UK journey.
- High level of marine insurance throughout shipping.
- Use of the MHH International private tracking portal to view real time progress of your car and scans of required documentation.
- DHL of all original documentation and vulnerable loose items to you or your agent.
A Simple Import Process
Importing from both the UK and Japan takes approximately 35-40 days from the moment we identify your car to the moment it arrives at the port. We take every care to make sure your car reaches you in optimum condition.
We insure your vehicle for its value (not weight) from the moment we collect to until it reaches dry land. All pre-export checks are taken care of and any paint re-conditioning work is done free of charge. At this point any modifications are made so your car is perfectly tailored for you. Once ready, your car is shipped to you and all paperwork is sent via DHL to ensure its safe delivery.
Cars are shipped in containers or ‘roll on roll off’ (ro-ro) to Walvis Bay, Durban and Dar-Es-Salaam.
Air freight is available on request.
Approximate Shipping Times
|Walvis Bay||17 - 20 days||N/A|
|Maputo||20 days||33 days|
|Dar es Salaam||30 days||35 days|
|Durban||20 days||35 days|
What You Receive By Post
We will send all vehicle documentation to your preferred address. This is usually you or your nominated clearing agent.
|UK vehicles||Japanese vehicles|
|Up to date service history||Japanese service history (where applicable)|
|HPI certification (Mileage verification and No serious damage history)||Original registration certificate. (Mileage verification)|
|Manufacturers book pack||Manufacturers book pack - English translation. (Subject to availability)|
|Bill of Lading||Bill of Lading|
|A locking wheel nut (if applicable)||A locking wheel nut (if applicable)|
|Spare key||Spare key|
|MHH pre-purchase check documents|
Import requirements for Zimbabwe
Documents required to clear a second-hand car from Customs in Zimbabwe:
For declaration Private importations require Form 49 (receipt) and professional importers must complete Form 47.
- Invoice/agreement of sale
- Police clearance – SARPCO Certificate (when imported from a country in Southern Africa)
- Export bill of entry and supporting documents
- Registration book (in the case of used motor vehicles)
- Selling commission
- Freight (up to the place of importation, only when the vehicle is not driven to such place of importation)
- Insurance (up to the place of importation)
Documents required for your vehicle to be registered locally:
- Customs Clearance Certificate
- Police clearance
- Proof of residence (utility bills)
- National Identity Document
- Clearance papers required:
- Bill of Entry
- Form 49 Receipt
- Release Order
There are no age restrictions for used car imports into Zimbabwe. Import duties, taxes and fees will apply. We recommend that you employ a licensed clearing agent to assist you. The Customs and Excise Act requires that clearing agents are licensed by Zimra annually however, a list of licensed agents has not been published.
Do remember to arrange insurance for your vehicle from the point it reaches either the port or from the moment your agent transfers your car to you.
Should you have any questions please contact MHH International team on +44 (0)1483 275 756 or email@example.com.
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
Vehicle valuation, Declaration, documentation required for the importation of vehicles
Customs and excise duties
Duty calculations for passenger motor vehicles
Registration of vehicles bought outside Zimbabwe