MHH International has an office in Westlands on the lower Kabete Road. Come and meet us or talk to us to find out more about importing your next car.
We offer three levels of import service designed to best meet your requirements.
If anything less than the FULL retail package is NOT an option then the MHH Prestige Package is the service for you.This package offers one fixed price to give you the protection against unforeseen costs, and absolute confidence of a stress free import. Sit back and let us take care of everything. Choose your perfect car from the UK or Japan.
- Door to door service
- All CIF costs
- Fully insured to handover
- 3 month warranty
- All Kenyan costs included prior to hand over
- All cars prepared to a grade 4.5 (very good condition)
- A minimum of 4 mm of tread on the tyres
- Service and valet on the car prior to hand over in Kenya
- Kenyan tracker fitted with 4 years of tracking pre-paid
- Optional window tinting and accessories
- Stereo system re-tuned to Kenya bandwidth (Only Japanese cars require this)
- All cars supplied with mats
- Optional Kenya bank finance available for monthly repayments
- Logbook tracking
- Special number plate number (chargeable on request)
Giving you the power to Select your car, Select whether you would like ‘Duty Paid’ or ‘C+F’, Select the extras you would like included in the price, and Select cash or finance. You get the best possible car at the best possible price to suit your budget, and needs. Choose your perfect car from the UK or Japan.
- Pre purchase inspection
- Collection and delivery to port in source country
- Source country deregistration cost and loading
- Mileage check on all cars
- QISJ inspection
- DHL of documentation
- Shipping as RORO
- Full service
- Upgrade logistics to transporter not driven
- Container shipment
- Window tinting
- DPF removal
- Stereo upgrade
- Port charges in Mombasa
- Clearing agent costs
- Clearing and registration costs
- Delivery to Nairobi on a transporter
- 3 months warranty (only available if car is serviced)
- Service and valet on the car prior to hand over
- Tracker fitted with 4 years pre-paid (mandatory with bank finance)
- Preparation of vehicle up to your preferred grade
- Window tinting and accessories
- Stereo system re-tuned to Kenya bandwidth.
- Optional Kenya bank finance available for monthly repayments (duty paid only)
- Duties disbursement
C+F Select standard features
Optional extras on C+F Select
Duty paid Select standard features (in addition to the C+F features)
Optional extras on Duty Paid Select
Designed for the many brokers or trade buyers looking for a reliable and consistent wholesale supply partner from Japan and the UK. MHH offers all in one service at very competitive rates. This C+F service is designed for savvy buyers who want to buy from a reputable supplier who isn’t going to hide important condition information from them. Offer your clients the perfect car from the UK or Japan.
- The Japanese wholesale marketplace offering stock cars far cheaper than retail websites
- All the Japanese auctions – 30,000 car a day.
- UK retail, wholesale and auction stock
- Payment accepted in Kenyan Shillings (local account)
- Ability to upsell the MHH price to build in a sales commission for yourself.
- Optional import asset finance for your clients upon request.
Giving you total market exposure to
Vehicle imports Kenya finance
Get Import Finance from Kenyan banks for your UK or Japanese car
Our partnerships with NIC Bank, CBA, CFC, I&M and The Co-operative Bank enable you to buy your import car with just a deposit and no additional security. You can feel confident that your payments shall be managed professionally and your car is transferred to your ownership fully once all instalments have been paid. Learn more about Finance.
A simple car import process
Your car imported in 50 days
We take your car for its pre-export inspection with QISJ. We make any modifications you might like before we prepare it for its journey to Mombasa. Cars are usually delivered to Mombasa in containers however roll on-roll off is also popular. All MHH International ro-ro vehicles are shipped below deck for insurance purposes. Should you require your vehicle to be air freighted to you, please talk to the team directly.
Importing from the UK or Japan usually takes 50 days for the vehicle to reach you from the point it has been selected. We will carefully manage all importation and registration requirements in Mombasa and transport your car to Nairobi for you to collect. You are welcome to employ your own clearing agent or should you wish to simply use our Shipped to Mombasa service and let us take care of the details.
For asset finance purchases, we will carefully manage all importation and registration requirements in Mombasa and transport your car to Nairobi for you to collect.
Shipping date confirmed
Vehicle preparation, Tracker fitting & Transport
Approximate shipping times
UK to Mombasa: 30 days | Japan to Mombasa: 33 days
What you receive by post
All key documents shall be handed over to you by our agent if you are using our delivered to Nairobi service. If you are managing the clearing yourself, we will send all documentation and loose items to you or your nominated agent.
|UK vehicles||Japanese vehicles|
|Up to date service history||Japanese service history (where applicable)|
|HPI certification (Mileage verification and No serious damage history)||Original registration certificate. (Mileage verification)|
|Manufacturers book pack||Manufacturers book pack - English translation. (Subject to availability)|
|Bill of Lading||Bill of Lading|
|A locking wheel nut (if applicable)||A locking wheel nut (if applicable)|
|Spare key||Spare key|
|MHH pre-purchase check documents|
Kenya vehicle import restrictions
All road vehicles, which are more than eight years old from the year of manufacture, shall not be admitted for importation.
Left Hand Drive
All left hand drive vehicles are not allowed for registration unless they are for special purpose i.e. Ambulances, Fire Tenders and large construction vehicles imported for projects and to be eventually donated to the Kenyan Government.
All used vehicles imported into Kenya shall be inspected for Road Worthiness, safety and other requirements. All imports of used motor vehicles including those belonging to returning residents, diplomats and or public servants must meet the above requirements.
Do remember you need to insure your vehicle from the date your vehicle arrives in the dock if you are using our Shipped to Mombasa service.
Should you have any questions please contact MHH International team on +44 (0)1483 275 756 or email@example.com