Our car export service for Zimbabwe offers allows you to import your car to Walvis Bay, Durban or Dar-Es-Salaam. Once you have chosen your car with our experienced sales team we will take care of the import to make sure your car arrives at your preferred port within 40 days or less. Prices include all costs for your car to reach the port so you can feel confident there are no hidden extra costs. Call us today and let us make importing your next car simple and stress free.
Car import Service to Walvis Bay, Durban or Dar-Es-Salaam (CIF)
Choose to ship your car to Walvis Bay, Durban and Dar-Es-Salaam. Our price is inclusive of all shipping and insurance costs to the port so you receive no unexpected extra costs along the way.
This service provides everything you need for your car to reach your preferred port.
- Bespoke sourcing of your vehicle, purchase, inspection and collection.
- Storage of your vehicle until it is ready to be transported to the port.
- Paintwork re-conditioning (if required).
- Mileage checks & reports.
- Company pre-export inspections.
- Transport to the departure port (on a trailer if the car is new).
- Fully comprehensive insurance throughout its UK journey.
- High level of marine insurance throughout shipping.
- DHL of all original documentation and vulnerable loose items to you or your agent.
The Car Import Process & Timings to Zimbabwe
Car imports from the UK take between 30-40 days from when we have collected your car in the Uk to when it arrives at your preferred port. Our professional import service takes great care of your car to make sure your car reaches you in optimum condition.
We insure your vehicle for its value (not weight) from the moment we collect to until it reaches dry land. All pre-export checks are taken care of and any paint re-conditioning work is done free of charge. At this point any modifications are made so your car is perfectly tailored for you. Once ready, your car is shipped to you and all paperwork is sent via DHL to ensure its safe delivery. Cars are shipped in containers or ‘roll on roll off’ (ro-ro) to Walvis Bay, Durban and Dar-Es-Salaam.
Shipping Times to Zimbabwe ports
|Walvis Bay||17 - 20 days|
|Dar es Salaam||30 days|
Car Import Shipping Times
What You Receive By Post
We will send all vehicle documentation and loose items from your car to your preferred address. This is usually you or your nominated clearing agent.
Import requirements for Zimbabwe
Documents required to clear a second-hand car from Customs in Zimbabwe:
For declaration Private importations require Form 49 (receipt) and professional importers must complete Form 47.
- Invoice/agreement of sale
- Police clearance – SARPCO Certificate (when imported from a country in Southern Africa)
- Export bill of entry and supporting documents
- Registration book (in the case of used motor vehicles)
- Selling commission
- Freight (up to the place of importation, only when the vehicle is not driven to such place of importation)
- Insurance (up to the place of importation)
Documents required for your vehicle to be registered locally:
- Customs Clearance Certificate
- Police clearance
- Proof of residence (utility bills)
- National Identity Document
- Clearance papers required:
- Bill of Entry
- Form 49 Receipt
- Release Order
There are no age restrictions for used car imports into Zimbabwe. Import duties, taxes and fees will apply. We recommend that you employ a licensed clearing agent to assist you. The Customs and Excise Act requires that clearing agents are licensed by Zimra annually however, a list of licensed agents has not been published. Do remember to arrange insurance for your vehicle from the point it reaches either the port or from the moment your agent transfers your car to you. Should you have any questions please contact MHH International team on +44 (0)1483 275 756 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
Vehicle valuation, Declaration, documentation required for the importation of vehicles www.zimra.co.zw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1020:import... Customs and excise duties www.zimra.co.zw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16:customs-... Duty calculations for passenger motor vehicles www.zimra.co.zw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1790&Itemid... Registration of vehicles bought outside Zimbabwe www.zimra.co.zw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=24